Sunday, October 19, 2014

Turkey Stock

Today I made my first recipe! I started with something a little more simplistic, chicken stock. On sunday my family got together for a fun holiday meal, and believe it or not, we brought home the turkey carcass. Many times before my mom had made broth from the bones of the chicken so I tried it on my own. I started with the turkey carcass and put it in the crockpot. Then, I added water all the way to the rim of the crockpot. After that, I added a teaspoon of Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute(or any other seasoning blend), a teaspoon of salt,  just under a teaspoon of pepper, and finally three bay leaves these amounts can vary based upon your taste level. Next, I turned the crockpot on low and let it sit overnight for about ten hours and in the morning I removed the bay leaves and drained out the rest of the carcass. I plan on using this broth later on for some tasty Fall soup! please click on the link to find the recipe I used for the broth.

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/01/24/recipe-overnight-chicken-stock-in-the-crock-pot/

This is a picture of the chicken stock in the crockpot:


After 12 hours in the crockpot, this is what the broth looked like:

We used the stock to make an Olive Garden pasta e fagioli soup
 *it was delicious*
Click on this link to find the soup recipe I used.



No comments:

Post a Comment