Sunday, October 19, 2014

Introduction

My mom spends a lot of time and energy preparing healthy, delicious home cooked meals for our family. For my 30 day challenge I decided to contribute one thing (meal, side dish etc...)for our family every day. For example say my mom was making a holiday style meal, I would contribute by making the stuffing. This challenge is going to benefit specifically my mom because, by not having all the stress of making a meal for our family she will have more time to spend on her own relaxing, or doing other things she would like to do. It is also going to benefit me because when I leave my parents' home and live on my own, I want to be able to cook healthy meals for myself.  According to Michael Pollen, "It is no coincidence that the rise in obesity closely tracks the decline in home cooking." After this challenge, I will know how to make 30 dishes!  Today I kicked of my 3o day challenge by figuring out the recipes I would like to make and creating a grocery list and making a meal chart. this is going to be one big challenge but it will be a lot of fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment